An estimated 30-40 million renters could be at risk of eviction in the coming months due to exacerbated challenges from COVID-19—and with 72% of renters owning pets, the numbers of animals displaced with their people could be catastrophic.
Together, we in the animal sheltering world can do our part to minimize the trauma and devastation caused by the eviction crisis. Please join HSUS and leaders across the country next Tuesday, August 25, from 3-5 ET/noon-2 Pacific, for an important conversation on how you can get started:
- helping your community with advocacy surrounding rental assistance
- building and strengthening services that keep pets with their families
- planning temporary foster programs
Please register here today and make the time to attend this webinar.
“Affordable Housing & Eviction Crisis”
Tuesday, August 25, 3-5 ET/noon-2 PT
Panel discussion with:
- Amanda Arrington, HSUS, Senior Director, Pets for Life
- Gabrielle Chapman, HSUS, Senior Analyst, Social Justice, Pets for Life
- Laura Loney, HSUS, Texas State Director
- Sloan Hawes, MSW, Institute for Humane-Animal Connection, University of Denver
- Cole Thayer, Safe and Stable Homes Project, Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Association